Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Playboy Club Was Shut Down

So, I just learned today that one of my favorite shows, The Playboy Club, has been cancelled.  Apparently, there was doubts about it before the show even aired and the ratings kept dropping after each show, which was only three.

What I have read of the show when it first aired, it was being compared to Mad Men, which is also set in the 60's, but The Playboy Club was NOT Mad Men.  The only similarity they shared was they were both set in the sixties and that's it.  I've never seen an episode of Mad Men, so I think I will give it shot.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show.  I loved the feel of it, the story lines and how it kept you guessing.  As mentioned in my initial post  The Playboy Club Holds The Key about the show, there was one actress who seemed out of place for me, but I was able to get past that.

I am not sure if they are going to finish the season out with only online episodes - meaning, if they did finish filming the season before the cancellation, will they show the rest on NBC or Hulu?  Probably not.  I have yet to see the complete episode of The Cape, another NBC show that was cancelled.

I have a feeling these two shows, The Playboy Club and The Cape, will end up on a episode of Brilliant But Cancelled.

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/brilliantbutcancelled/
 



No comments:

Post a Comment